RETURNING TO THE OFFICE WITH CLEAROOMS
RETURNING TO THE OFFICE WITH CLEAROOMS
How hot desk booking and meeting room management can support your new office normal.
THE NEW OFFICE WORKSPACE
As we move towards a ‘new normal’ for working in an office environment, it gives organisations the opportunity to review how we interact and use our workplace environments. With new regulations in place to help keep everyone safe, from maintaining distances between desks to requiring track and trace evidence and implementing flexible working, take a look at how hot desk booking and meeting room management with Clearooms can support you.
To avoid any concern with having to touch shared devices whilst using Clearooms to book meeting rooms, we’ve developed a new feature for users to be able to interact with the app, but from their own device. By scanning a QR code shown on the app with a phone, a user will be able to continue using Clearooms through a browser.
QR code feature
- No touching shared tablets
- Easy to activate
- Can have both options
KNOW WHO'S SITTING WHERE
As flexible working becomes increasingly popular and more people are coming into the office on an ad hoc basis, hot desk booking is a perfect solution to support this. It can also work for offices who have allocated desks too, as booking your own desk in advance is a clear indicator to the rest of your team for when you plan to be there.
Hot desk booking
- Peace of mind for flexible workers they have a desk for the day
- Know who's going to be in the office each day and where they'll sit
- Confirm attendance for allocated desks
MANAGE MEETING ROOM USE
Within an office, meeting rooms will always be necessary for groups of colleagues to discuss projects or provide a quiet room needed for that important client call. Clearooms can be set so that it doesn’t need to be interacted with and be used for clearly displaying meeting room availability to avoid any booking confusions.
Display only mode
- No interaction with the app required
- Clearly shows room availability
- Set small meeting rooms to busy where distancing isn’t possible
KEEP STAFF INFORMED
The return to the office will involve some changes from how we used to work and interact in the workplace. There are new regulations which need to be adhered to such as social distancing to keep everyone safe. Reminding staff of new policies through repeated messages will help to make this transition easier.
Add Tailored Messaging
- Add display text to the Clearooms App
- Upload an image as a reminder to distance
- Add a message to show with each office floor plan
SUPPORT TRACK AND TRACE EFFORTS
If you have the unfortunate circumstance of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case in your office, you’ll need the tools to be able to accurately see who was in the office and where they sat, so the appropriate measures can be taken.
- Run reports of all hot desk bookings to see who sat where and when
- Check meeting room bookings for any external visitors
- Admin and Manager user roles can both access reporting
SETTING DESK BOOKING LIMITS
As businesses adapt to a new working environment, new policies about working in the office may have to be enforced amongst staff. To help with this, a range of desk booking limits can be set to manage the number and frequency of each person’s bookings.
- Restrict the total number of bookings per office
- Restrict the number of bookings per user
- Set a buffer time between bookings to prepare for the next
MAINTAINING A SOCIAL DISTANCE
With distancing rules to adhere to in the office environment, a new feature within Clearooms hot desk booking can ensure no other desk is booked within a set distance around each desk.
- Set a distance around a desk in which others can't be booked
- Customise to your own office distancing policy
- Helps with social distancing in a closed, public environment
If you have any questions about making your office space safe please feel free to get in touch.