SET UP GOOGLE CALENDAR INTEGRATION
In order to set up Google Calendar integration in Clearooms, you will need to be an Administrator in Clearooms, and have Administrator-level access to your company's Google Cloud Apps (console.developers.google.com) and Search Console (google.com/webmasters/tools).
Configure Google Calendar
Step one allows Clearooms to retrieve employees' of Google Calendars
- First, go to https://console.developers.google.com.
- Create a project if you don't already have one or select an existing one
Enable API access
Enable access to this project for the Calendar and Admin SDK APIs:
- In the API Manager pane, click Library to see the list of available APIs and search for Google Calendar API
- In the Google Apps list, click Google Calendar API then enable
- Go back to the Library and search for Admin SDK API.
- In the Google Apps API list click Admin SDK API, then Enable.
You will now need to create a service account and add credentials.
Create service account
- From the API Manager pane, click Credentials
- Click Create Credentials
- Select Service account key from the list
- Name the account service Clearooms Integration
- Click continue on the next step
- Click Done on the next step
- Open newly created service account details
- Open Keys form the menu then Add Key, make sure the JSON option is selected for Key Type then click Create
The key will automatically download a JSON file to your default folder. Hold onto this file, you will need this later and its the only copy of the key.
Edit service account
- While still on the service Account Details page click Enable G suite Domain-wide Delegation.
- Enter Clearooms Integration in the product field
- Click Save
- After you have enabled Domain-wide Delegation, the API Manager will create an OAuth 2.0 Client ID. You will need this ID for the next step. To find it:
- In the API Manager pane, click Credentials
- Find the client you have just created by looking for the product name.
- Copy the client ID
Authorize the Calendar API
- Go to https//:admin.google.com
- Navigate through Security > API Controls
- Click Manage Domain-wide Delegation
- Click Add new
- Enter the client ID
- In the OAuth Scopes field, enter both of the following URLs and separate them with a comma:
- Open Domain verification
- Click add domain
- Copy the webhook url from Clearooms and paste into this section
- Verify ownership, click "Take me there"
- Click add property
- Paste the same web hook URL
- Select HTML File upload
- Click download this HTML file
- Upload in Clearooms in the "verification file" field.
- Click test settings
- A list of your rooms will display if all settings are correct.
- Click Save
Add Rooms to your floor plan
- From Meeting rooms tab in Clearooms click on Manage rooms
- Your rooms from Google will be listed within a few seconds.
- Select the appropriate Office from the drop down and click import on the rooms you want in that office
- Repeat for all offices - rooms.
View rooms and meetings synced from Google on your office plan and under the Meetings tab.