SET UP OFFICE 365 CALENDAR INTEGRATION
In order to set up the Microsoft Office 365 Calendar integration, you'll need to have:
- an Administrator-level account in Clearooms,
- a subscription to Microsoft's Azure Management Portal
There are three steps to integrating your company's Office 365 Calendar with Clearooms:
- Register Clearooms as an App in Azure.
- Add the App's credentials to Clearooms.
- Import rooms into Clearooms
Hybrid Deployments: Please be aware of the requirements for setting up integrations with Hybrid deployments. These are listed here
Register Azure App
You'll need to register Clearooms as an App to get two pieces of information:
- Application ID
- Client Secret Key
When you enable a calendar integration, you give Clearooms permissions to read and write ALL calendar data in your organisation. However, Clearooms' integration pulls only a minimal subset of required data. Due to the technical limitations of Microsoft's calendar services, we cannot limit or configure the scope of permissions allowed by the integration.
You may need assistance from your Azure Portal Administrator in order to register a Clearooms app in Azure.
Create the app
First, you'll need to register the app itself:
- Log in to https://portal.azure.com under and an Administrator account.
- Click Azure Active Directory in the left-hand panel.
- Click App Registrations.
- Click + New Registration at the top of the page.
- In the Create pane, enter a name for the app, e.g.,
Clearooms Calendar Integration.
- For Supported account types, choose Accounts in this organizational directory only.
- Leave the Redirect URL field unpopulated.
- Click Register. You'll see a new summary pane with 9 entries.
Copy the Application (client) ID.
Generate Secret Key
Now, you'll need to generate a security key that's specific to the app
- Click the Certificates & secrets icon in the app's options pane.
- In the Client secrets section click + New client secret, enter a name for the Key description of a new Key.
- Select either 1 year or 2 years for the expiration date.
- Click Add to generate the key's value.
Copy the key's value. You won't be able to retrieve it later.
Finally, you'll need to give the app permission to read your company's calendar:
- In the options pane, click API permissions.
- In the API permissions section, click +Add a permission.
- In the Select an API pane, choose Microsoft Graph.
- Back in the Request API permission pane, click Application Permissions
- In the Select Access section, select these permissions:
- Directory.Read.All - Read directory data
- Calendars.ReadWrite - Read and write calendars in all mailboxes
- Place.Read.All - Read all company places
- Click Add permissions.
- In the Grant consent section, click Grant admin consent for company.
Add credentials to Clearooms
Once you've registered an Clearooms app in Azure and copied down the Application ID, and Secret key, enter them into Clearooms.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click Apps & Integrations in the settings menu.
- Click the Office 365 Integration menu item.
- Enter the Application ID from the Azure app into the Client ID field.
- Enter the key into the Client Secret field.
- Enter your full Tenant ID, e.g.,
mycompany.onmicrosoft.cominto the Tenant ID field.
- Click Save, and Test Settings to check the connection.
If an error appears, please check that all the steps above are completed correctly.
Import Meeting Rooms into Clearooms
Now the integration is complete, you can choose which resources to import and link to Clearooms.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click the Meeting Rooms settings tab.
- Click the Manage Rooms option.
- Choose the office you wish to import the room into then import whichever rooms you require